With school being in session now and so much going on in our lives, everything can get kind of hectic. I often think to myself about goals and dreams I have. One way to be able to remind myself of these goals/dreams, is my inspiration boards. I like to post things to them that inspire me and keep me happy! I thought I’d take a moment to show you how I created two that I have in my room. 🙂
All you need to make these boards are just a few items! :
- Magazines – any kind you like. I love nutrition so I got the Food Network Magazine as well as Mother Earth News. Then of course you need some girly mags like Allure and Cosmo. 🙂 If you have some around the house — even better!
- Post-cards – can be found anywhere, really. 🙂 Pick out some that you really like. Usually you can buy them 3 or 4 for a dollar.
- Push Pins or Tape – to keep your pictures on your board. You can buy a huge pack for like $2.25
- Cork Foam Board/Whiteboard – I was able to get a pack of 2 thick foam boards that had cork on top 🙂 Only 9 bucks! Not bad.
- Scissors – for cutting out your pictures or words.
Next, let your creativity flow!! 🙂
Here are 2 I have in my room. One has been up for a few months now and the other I just made. I love them both!! 🙂
When I was younger, my granny would send me post cards from all over the world where she travelled. Since then, I’ve developed both a love of traveling and quite a fun collection of post-cards that I like to add to. I like to pick up post-cards from wherever I visit. Some of my favorite places I’ve visited are on this board: Colonial Williamsburg in Virginia, and St. Thomas. The post-card from Paris is from my French teacher in elementary school. 🙂 We had French pen-pals and she met them. I was tickled to death when I got this. It’s just a fun little reminder to always remember how beautiful the world is and to make sure to see it!
It may sound silly, but all I did for this board was tape my post-cards to a white board! 🙂
I struggle sometimes to eat very well. I think we all have that problem from time to time. One thing I really love looking up is anything dealing with Nutrition. I like to watch videos on YouTube and research all different aspects of it. I like having this board as a reminder to always try to eat healthy. There are so many great fruits and vegetables out there as well as other yummy foods! It’s incredible! 🙂 I love seafood a lot, as you can tell. Here’s a few YouTuber’s I really like watching for recipes and inspiration. I’m not a raw foodist, but some of the recipes look really interesting! 🙂 The links are in their names.
I hope you’ve become inspired to make one of these boards 🙂 The fun thing is that they go together nicely, so it doesn’t matter what you put on them. You can switch out your pictures too because they’re not glued on.
Thank you for reading!! xox Happy Saturday, beauties!