Having a brand new baby can sometimes be overwhelming. There are so many books, forums, and even family and friends that are going to give you loads of advice. The main piece of advice that I can give you if you’re a new mom is that every baby is different so find what products work for them.
I compiled a list of products that I absolutely loved as a new mom. They helped me so much during the first 6 +/- months of Avery’s life. Some products I am still using.
- DockATot – This is such an amazing product for babies! It is cozy just like the womb, so babies get great naps in here. I literally packed this lounger in my suitcase wherever I traveled. It’s perfect for tummy time, naps, play time… you name it.
- NoseFrida – If you’ve ever researched bulb syringe’s, you’d see that many get mold build up in them which is pretty gross. When teething or sick, babies can get runny noses. I love using the NoseFrida because it’s extremely easy to use, it cleans out the baby’s nose, and you can clean it thoroughly.
- Pampers Baby Dry Diapers – I LOVE the yellow strip on these diapers! When your baby has peed, the strip will turn blue so you know you need to change them. These diapers are great for overnight. I’ve never had a leak out of them.
- Ollie Swaddle – For my baby shower, I received an Ollie Swaddle as a gift from my sisters-in-law. It is such an excellent swaddle! When Avery was a newborn, she wiggled sooo much in her sleep and her hands would keep her awake. Ever since I used this swaddle, she slept so peacefully at night and it kept her calm. It helped a ton with her startle reflex.
- Fisher Price Baby Swing – During the day, when Avery was a newborn, I liked to keep her in close proximity to me. This swing was a God-send for me. With the spinning mobile up top, Avery would fall asleep watching it and would nap so well.
- Infantino Baby Carrier – I love this baby carrier because it’s extremely easy to use. I never could figure out the cloth wraps. I love how I can put my daughter in this and she’s completely content. There comes a time where some babies don’t want to be put down. Just having your baby in a carrier can help keep them happy. Plus, you don’t have to tire out your arms from carrying the baby around.
- Binxy Baby Shopping Cart Hammock – This hammock is amazing for going to the store. It connects to the grocery cart and your baby can sleep in it or just relax while you shop. Since it rests at the top of the cart, you lose hardly any space inside the cart compared to putting a car seat in it.
- Comotomo Bottle – I always pumped when Avery was a newborn so I loved these bottles for her. What I think is great is that even if you nurse, I’ve read numerous reviews that these bottles are great because they’re reminiscent of a breast. A lot of breastfed babies have hard times taking bottles. I get so many funny comments about these bottles but I really love them! They’re made from silicone so they’re comfortable to hold.
- Desitin Rapid Relief – I love this diaper rash cream! It works incredibly fast. I’ve tried several kinds but I keep coming back to this one.
- Copper Pearl Multi-Use Cover – This cover is amazing because it can be used numerous ways. You can use it when you’re breastfeeding, you can cover your baby’s car seat, you can also put it on a grocery cart so your baby doesn’t touch the handlebar. I like using this cover during the winter when everyone is sick. I can place it over the car seat, and it deters people from touching my baby.
What are your newborn must-haves?
*Some products may have referral links where you get a discount and I may make a small commission.