Having a brand new baby can sometimes be overwhelming. There are so many books, forums, and even family and friends that are going to give you loads of advice. The main piece of advice that I can give you if you’re a new mom is that every baby is different so find what products work for them.
I compiled a list of products that I absolutely loved as a new mom. They helped me so much during the first 6 +/- months of Avery’s life. Some products I am still using.
- DockATot – This is such an amazing product for babies! It is cozy just like the womb, so babies get great naps in here. I literally packed this lounger in my suitcase wherever I traveled. It’s perfect for tummy time, naps, play time… you name it.
- NoseFrida – If you’ve ever researched bulb syringe’s, you’d see that many get mold build up in them which is pretty gross. When teething or sick, babies can get runny noses. I love using the NoseFrida because it’s extremely easy to use, it cleans out the baby’s nose, and you can clean it thoroughly.
- Pampers Baby Dry Diapers – I LOVE the yellow strip on these diapers! When your baby has peed, the strip will turn blue so you know you need to change them. These diapers are great for overnight. I’ve never had a leak out of them.
- Ollie Swaddle – For my baby shower, I received an Ollie Swaddle as a gift from my sisters-in-law. It is such an excellent swaddle! When Avery was a newborn, she wiggled sooo much in her sleep and her hands would keep her awake. Ever since I used this swaddle, she slept so peacefully at night and it kept her calm. It helped a ton with her startle reflex.
- Fisher Price Baby Swing – During the day, when Avery was a newborn, I liked to keep her in close proximity to me. This swing was a God-send for me. With the spinning mobile up top, Avery would fall asleep watching it and would nap so well.
- Infantino Baby Carrier – I love this baby carrier because it’s extremely easy to use. I never could figure out the cloth wraps. I love how I can put my daughter in this and she’s completely content. There comes a time where some babies don’t want to be put down. Just having your baby in a carrier can help keep them happy. Plus, you don’t have to tire out your arms from carrying the baby around.
- Binxy Baby Shopping Cart Hammock – This hammock is amazing for going to the store. It connects to the grocery cart and your baby can sleep in it or just relax while you shop. Since it rests at the top of the cart, you lose hardly any space inside the cart compared to putting a car seat in it.
- Comotomo Bottle – I always pumped when Avery was a newborn so I loved these bottles for her. What I think is great is that even if you nurse, I’ve read numerous reviews that these bottles are great because they’re reminiscent of a breast. A lot of breastfed babies have hard times taking bottles. I get so many funny comments about these bottles but I really love them! They’re made from silicone so they’re comfortable to hold.
- Desitin Rapid Relief – I love this diaper rash cream! It works incredibly fast. I’ve tried several kinds but I keep coming back to this one.
- Copper Pearl Multi-Use Cover – This cover is amazing because it can be used numerous ways. You can use it when you’re breastfeeding, you can cover your baby’s car seat, you can also put it on a grocery cart so your baby doesn’t touch the handlebar. I like using this cover during the winter when everyone is sick. I can place it over the car seat, and it deters people from touching my baby.
What are your newborn must-haves?
*Some products may have referral links where you get a discount and I may make a small commission.
My daughter was swaddled from the day she was born until about 7 months old or so. While sleeping in her pack n play, her arms would inevitably make it up to her face and wake her up if she wasn’t being swaddled. My husband and I would never have gotten sleep without the Ollie Swaddle.
I received the Ollie Swaddle as a baby shower gift from my sisters-in-law and then from Ollie Swaddle, and I’ll admit I had heard of it, but I didn’t know exactly what it was. I hadn’t really researched it much. After receiving the Ollie Swaddle and trying it out at the hospital with my newborn baby, I was really impressed! It kept her calm and happy, which made me very happy since my husband was sick with Strep and couldn’t be at the hospital much with me. A. stayed so calm that I actually kept her in my hospital room for the next 2 days and she didn’t stay overnight at the nursery.
What I love about the Ollie Swaddle is that it is stretchy, soft, and has velcro closures on it. It also helps with the startle reflex in babies because it helps contain the baby’s arms and legs. The older that my daughter has gotten, the more she likes to wiggle in her sleep. I’ve tried using other swaddles but she’s like Houdini and wiggles her arms or hands right out! The Ollie Swaddle has helped her keep her arms to her side and not wake herself up.
Another thing that I like about the Ollie Swaddle is that you can use it to transition a baby out of the swaddle by leaving their arms out. There is a stretchy loop that you can use to close the swaddle at the bottom (almost like a tail) and it keeps your child’s feet warm. 🙂 It’s definitely my favorite swaddle and I would highly recommend it! It was a life saver with my baby!
*Disclaimer: Products were sent to me free of charge for my honest review. All views expressed in this post are my own.
Recieve 10% off your purchase of an Ollie Swaddle with my referral code! http://theollieworld.refr.cc/prettyloved
I live in a rental house that has been in the middle of renovations since I moved in. As you can imagine, having nail guns, saws, and drills running during the day isn’t very quiet. My daughter still takes 3-4 naps a day so I need to be able to have somewhere not too loud for her to sleep. Luckily, I’m able to quietly put her in her nursery or in my room and close the door without noise thanks to my Latchy Catchy.
The Latchy Catchy is a cloth door silencer with loops on both ends that attach to your door knobs. It keeps the door latch from clicking and creates a snug fit so your door shuts without waking up your baby. My daughter is pretty great with noises, she can sleep through most things unless they’re too loud. One thing that makes her jump awake is clicking, or clanking (like on a glass). I have no idea why she wakes up to these noises but eating with a fork and glass plate is impossible next to her when she’s sleeping. I hate when she’s sound asleep and the tiniest clank jolts her awake. She doesn’t seem to wake up when I close her door with the Latchy Catchy which is great. Mama needs her to get as much rest as possible. Teething anger is real! :O
I love the ease of putting the Latchy Catchy on my doors. As I said, you simply put one loop on the inner door handle and the other loop on the outer door handle. That’s all there is to it!
I have two Latchy Catchys. One is on my bedroom door and one is on my daughter’s bedroom door. Because of the snug fit with the door, the Latchy Catchy helps you be able to completely close the door but you’re still able to easily open and close the door again. No more door slamming, and no more pinched fingers for little ones! Yay 😀
The design I have featured above is “Naptime + Roses”. Super cute name. 😀 I love the floral pattern. I also have an animal print patterned Latchy Catchy called “Sleepy Safari”. It’s a white and gray Leopard print. The pricing for one Latchy Catchy is $14.99 but they have sales all the time which makes them pretty affordable.
You can check out Latchy Catchy HERE.
GIVEAWAY – Latchy Catchy wanted me to give away a free Latchy Catchy to one winner! To enter, all you need to do is leave a comment on this post, or leave a comment on my Latchy Catchy post on Instagram. More entries if you follow @LatchyCatchy on Instagram and follow me @Prettylovedblog too, as well as tag friends. 🙂 Giveaway ends July 9th. Good luck! <3
*This product was provided to me free of cost for an honest review. All opinions are my own.