Hey everyone! Hope you’ve had an amazing holiday. 🙂 I thought since it has been cold outside I’d share a yummy soup recipe. This is a simple potato and leek soup and it doesn’t take too much prep time.
Here’s what you’ll need:
2 large leeks
Handful of chives
1 quart of chicken broth
2-3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
1 cup of heavy cream
Pepper & Salt
- You’ll want to cut your leeks lengthwise. After that, go ahead and cut them widthwise into bite-sized pieces. You will only need the light green parts 🙂 Throw away the hard green parts.
- Place the leeks into a large bowl of water and move them around to get rid of any dirt or sand. (You don’t want this in your soup! 😛)
- In a large pot, melt your butter and place the leeks in there. You can add some salt at this point. You’ll want to get the leeks to sweat.
- Once the leeks have starting sweating, put a lid on them and let them get tender at a medium-low temperature. This will be around 25-30 mins. Make sure to stir them every so often.
- Skin potatoes and cut them into cubes. Add them and the chicken broth to the soup and turn the heat up to a medium temperature to let everything come to a boil.
- Cook everything until the potatoes are nice and soft. You can add your pepper so it infuses into the soup while everything cooks.
- Once everything is cooked, use a blender or immersion blender and puree everything so it’s well blended and add your heavy cream.
- Add some chives or cheese to your soup and enjoy!!!
The awesome thing about this soup is that it doesn’t take much to fill you up. You can add more broth and cream if you want it thinner, or you can make it more thick by adding cheese. I love soups like this on a freezing winter day. I hope you will try this!