With Halloween coming up this next month, I’ve gotten a little ahead of myself and started putting out some decorations that work for both Halloween and fall time. 🙂
I absolutely love the fall! With all the beautiful colors of the leaves, the smell of spices and pumpkin pies and cooler weather, it’s the perfect season.
Here are a few decorations you can buy to spruce up your space and where to find them!
- Jars for candy/potions: I found these adorable jars at Target! 🙂 They happened to be in the little bargain bins aisle and were $1 each. Score! . If you’re wanting something a bit more fancy for your candy, you can put them in Apothecary jars as well. Amazon has some Apothecary Jar sets for fairly cheap. You can get 3 for $23.50 right now here which is not bad at all. Originally $50.
- Spooky Decoys: I found my little standing Crow at a yard sale during the year where I bought 3 at 10 cents a piece!! 🙂 It’s good sometimes to buy decorations at discounted prices either after the season or from yard sales, etc. You can find crows, skeletons, and similar items on Amazon or other stores like that for not much. Here is a pack of 3 Crows for $13. Sometimes you can find sales at Michaels or Hobby Lobby where they have items like this for cheap.
- Festive Pumpkin: I bought this pumpkin at the Dollar Store for $1! 🙂 The Dollar Store is a great place to find cheap and cute Halloween/Fall decorations.
- Decorated Apothecary Jar: I had an idea of placing little decorations for each season inside an apothecary jar. I like to take little miniature items and place them in there together. For fall I would put something with fall colors in there such as moss at the bottom and then put mini pumpkins, and cute fall colored items or Halloween miniatures. It makes it look like a mini world in a jar. 🙂 You can do things like this or add little miniatures like this.
- Bat Mobile: I couldn’t wait to make this mobile last Halloween! Such a fun little craft. All you need is a print out of some bats, some Velcro Command Strips (or tape), and white thread and a needle. It’s very simple to make. Just print and cut out the bats, take your thread (whatever length works for how low you want them hanging) and put it through the wings or the main part of it’s body. You want to have it so the middle part of the thread is holding up the body and the end pieces are touching and holding everything up to hang from. You can bend the bat’s wings to make different shapes and patterns so they look like they’re flying different ways. I really liked that look. Next, wrap the 2 ends of the thread around 1 of the Command Strips. I put some ends at opposite ends so the bats wings were out. Some of the bat’s wings I kept in more. Lastly, Velcro the two Command Strips together on the ceiling so the bats appear to be flying overhead! That’s it! You can make these however you like. I loved the look of them flying in different directions and ways. You can find a similar print out here. (blog.candiquick.com)
- Candles: I like to put little glass tealight candles all over my house to create a cozy atmosphere. 🙂 They can add a spooky vibe when put around the Halloween decorations. You can buy a pack for fairly cheap such as these. About $1 a piece. Sometimes you can get them on sale for much cheaper.So with these suggestions in mind, happy decorating! 🙂 These are just a few cute and fun little ideas to add a little somethin’ to your home this upcoming season.
Lots of love,