Hey Beauties! 🙂
So, the other day I had a candle that was almost empty and I thought it’d be awesome to make a makeup brush holder, since I didn’t have one already. It’s very simple to make and it’s a great way to recycle something you might not normally keep.
You’ll only need a few simple items:
liquid dish soap
cloth or sponge with scrubber
Alright, so now that you’ve got those items here’s what you’ll do:
- Take your candle and place it into the freezer for 20 mins or so. This will allow the wax to separate from the glass a little bit.
- After you’ve taken your candle out of the freezer, start breaking apart the wax in the candle.
- If you have a candle warmer such as Scentsy or Glade (in this case I used my Scentsy warmer) you can break apart the wax and melt it in there for a room full of fragrance. 🙂 I hated the fact of wasting any of my candle.
- Go ahead and peel the stickers off your candle. Sometimes there’s a sticker on the bottom. In this case, you’ll want to fill a sink with hot water and dish soap and submerge your candle for 20 minutes or so.
- After you pull your candle out, you’ll be able to peel the stickers off and take a wash cloth or sponge with soap on it to clean the jar. You may have to scrub harder on the dark spots. Let it dry, afterwards.
- Here’s what you should end up with! 🙂
I love this brush holder. Not only is it cute, but it’s simple so it can go with any décor! I love the fact that it’s tall so my brushes don’t just flop all over the place.
I really hope you’ll give this a try. 🙂 The cool thing is, is that different candle jars can be used for different purposes. Shorter ones can be used as lotion or antibacterial holders or even for lip balms and larger ones can be used for hair products, brushes, etc. The possibilities are endless. 😀