Not long ago, I found a company through Instagram called inVitamin who makes all-natural products such as deodorant, tooth and gum powder, as well as face wash, and a wide variety of other products. When I showed an interest in their all-natural deodorant, an incredibly kind gentleman by the name of Dan messaged me and sent some products over for me to try. I have been trying these products every day for over a month, so I’ve been able to use them quite often.
I’d been wanting to try an all-natural deodorant for years because solid, aluminum deodorants seem to clog my pores, ruin my clothes and cause more harm than good. I was able to try inVitamin‘s Natural Deodorant Cream which only contains 5 ingredients : Coconut Oil, Baking Soda, Sugar, Vitamin E, and Beeswax. When initially opening the package, it was melted and a bit messy because it had been in the heat. After letting the deodorant sit in my bathroom over night it was able to set up and clump together — creating a consistency that was perfect for spreading.
Here were my thoughts on the deodorant:
- Easy to spread under my arms.
- Great scent. Even after wearing the deodorant for several hours, the smell of coconut and the freshness of the baking soda kept me smelling great.
- My underarms stayed dry, which is especially great in the summer when it’s so hot.
- Compact container that you can easily take with you wherever — though, I’d recommend keeping it in a cool, dry place.
Over-all, I’d say it’s a very decent deodorant. It smells wonderful and it’s easy to use as well as effective!
Price : $6 (3oz) — A little goes a long way, so this is a great deal in my opinion.
The next product I tried was the All Natural Activated Charcoal Spearmint Flavor Tooth and Gum Powder. This is my absolute favorite product of the 3 products I was able to try. You use it like a toothpaste and it’s super simple to use. I like to wet my tooth brush and pour a little powder into my hand and then swirl my tooth brush in the powder. I believe now they’ve got little holes on the container that you can now pour the powder onto your toothbrush which makes it much easier to pour the product directly onto your toothbrush.
inVitamin has 3 flavors for their tooth and gum powder which are: Cinnamint, Orange, and Spearmint. I really have been liking the spearmint because I’m a mint toothpaste type of girl. The taste took a little bit to get used to but after a little while was fine. You can taste the spearmint as well as the hibiscus flower petal powder but you can also taste a slight bitterness of the charcoal powder which isn’t too overwhelming.
The tooth and gum powder contains : Bentonite clay – activated bamboo – Charcoal powder – myrrh gum powder – organic stevia leaf powderr – organic hibiscus flower petal powder – organic orris root powder – organic spearmint extract
Here are my thoughts on the tooth and gum powder:
- I noticed my teeth seem more white — even after a few uses, which is really awesome.
- The small pieces of charcoal really “exfoliate” my teeth and clean them so much more thoroughly than a toothpaste alone. My teeth have never felt more clean! Honestly, I wish I had found this product years ago.
- The taste is not bad — takes a bit of getting used to, but it’s definitely tolerable.
Over-all, I love this product. I would highly recommend it to anyone who’s thinking of trying an all-natural type of tooth powder.
Price: $9 (2.75 oz) : You don’t need to use a lot of this product at a time so I think $9 is very reasonable. I haven’t gotten down to a third of my container yet and I’ve been using this powder for over 2 months.
The last item I was able to try is the Natural Moisturizing Bug Gel which helps keep pesky mosquitoes and gnats away from your skin. It feels like a lotion and is very effective.
The ingredients for inVitamin‘s Natural Moisturizing Bug Gel are: Organic Castor Seed Oil, Organic Aloe Vera Gel, Organic Jojoba Oil, Guar Gum, pure essential oils of Rose Geranium, Virginia Cedarwood, Cinnamon Leaf and Clove Bud, Natural Vitamin E, Leucidal (a 100% plant based preservative).
Thoughts on the product:
- It’s effective. I found it easy to keep annoying bugs away from me by slathering on this gel.
- Because of the clove, I wasn’t extremely fond of the scent of the product, but if you like the smell of clove, you will like the scent just fine.
- My skin didn’t feel irritated while using this. The jojoba oil and aloe vera gel kept my skin feeling hydrated and soft.
Over-all, this gel is effective, and is perfectly safe for children! A great alternative to sprays that is a much safer option.
One thing I love about inVitamin‘s products is that not only are they all-natural, but they aim to make their products safe for not only adults, but for the whole family. Their products are homemade in small batches, which I love! Every product they make, they use in their own homes and they stand by each product.
If you’ve not heard of inVitamin, I would highly recommend their products! Please support them by checking out their site and trying a few of their products. You won’t be disappointed.
*Disclaimer: I received these products free of charge for my honest review. All thoughts in this post are my own.
You can find inVitamin here:
FOLLOW ME ON MY NETWORKS & KEEP UP TO DATE WITH THE LATEST AND GREATEST. 🙂