Spring! Glorious, Spring! :) It’s one of my favorite times of the year. Unfortunately, with how gorgeous it is outside, it’s not always gorgeous inside my apartment. :(
Now, I like cleaning. I like to make sure everything is put away and sanitized. But, after a while, papers stack up, junk accumulates, and I can’t keep up anymore. I lose spots to put papers, and random items. That’s when I know I need to go into hyper-drive and spend a day (sometimes a few) to really get-er-done and organize my place!
I’ve come up with a list of spring cleaning tips, per room, that’ll make it simple when you don’t know where to start. So without further ado..
* Wash all of your bedding : sheets, pillow cases, blankets. Nothin’ better than clean bedding! :)
* Organize your closet : donate old clothing and create a system for organizing with hooks, baskets, shelves.
* Clear off and reorganize nightstands and dust. De-clutter all the junk inside and on top of your nightstands.
* Throw away trash. Trash can accumulate around the bed, nightstand, etc.
* Re-arrange shelves. Make sure everything has a place in your room.
* Throw out old lotions, creams, products that have expired or you haven’t used in ages.
* Organize cabinets – under the sink, medicine cabinets, etc. and put like products together.
* Wipe down and sanitize all surfaces including the sink and toilet.
* Bleach and scrub down shower/bath.
* Go through drawers and toss/donate utensils, pans, etc. that no longer work well or you have several of.
* Organize cabinets/pantry : create a system that keeps everything organized yet easily accessible.
* Clean appliances : oven, microwave, dishwasher.
* Sanitize all surfaces : counter tops, stove, and around sink.
THE LIVING ROOM
* Vacuum under couch cushions
* Wash/Clean couch pillow cases
* Wipe down surfaces such as tables, etc.
* Windex mirrors and windows.
* Mop/Swiffer/Sweep/Vacuum floors – around and under furniture.
* Dust – tables, shelves, fans, tv, etc.
You can buy some very cheap and useful organizers and tubs in the dollar bins at Target and also at the Dollar Store or Dollar General. :) I found a ton of great plastic organizers for super cheap! I would highly recommend looking there.
Check me out on